Change Healthcare® Marketplace Privacy Notice
Effective Date: May 14, 2018
The purpose of the Change Healthcare® Marketplace is to empower healthcare professionals with tools to securely and effectively facilitate patient care and related information processing. As you use this service, we want you to understand how we're using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use and protect that information.
- The choices you have about your information.
Privacy matters to Change Healthcare so whether you are new to Change Healthcare or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Privacy Shield Certification
Change Healthcare is Privacy Shield certified. For information, please visit our Privacy Shield notice.
Collection of Information
Information controlled by your Institution
The Change Healthcare® Marketplace application (the “Application”) displays a catalog of APIs to your health agency or institution (“Institution”) as an API customer. The Application provides users authorized by your Institution access to Change Healthcare’s APIs and data. Information transmitted through the Application may be stored, collected, used, retained, or shared by your Institution according to its policies and procedures.
What Information does the Application collect?
Upon receiving authorization, you may access Change Healthcare’s database by logging in with your credentials. The Application enables you to search or review information contained in this database. Based on your Institution’s configuration of the Application, the Application may also collect:
Information you provide:
- Username, password, customer ID, license number and other product registration information to access your account.
- First and last name and business contact information (business name, email, physical address, telephone numbers, and/or title).
Information from your use of the Application:
- Information about your device and your device’s operating system and browser information.
- Transaction-related information such as product download ID/name, account contact information, device ID, download frequency/time.
- Information about the way you use the Application, including Admin user account contact information, and device ID.
- Device event information such as errors, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of your request.
How does Change Healthcare use the information we collect?
Change Healthcare uses the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of our services, to develop new products and services, and to protect Change Healthcare and our users.
Information we collect may be used to:
- Activate your network services to connect to the Application or Institution database.
- Perform diagnostic services such as error reporting.
- Provide personalized user services or customized site content.
- Identify usage trends.
- Perform data analysis and audits.
Does Change Healthcare share your personal information?
Information entered into the Application is shared with your Institution. Change Healthcare exercises no authority over your Institution’s privacy and data collection practices and policies or how your Institution may use information transmitted through the Application. Change Healthcare may share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Change Healthcare if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Change Healthcare, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To provide you with our services.
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Change Healthcare assets.
Change Healthcare may also share information with our service partners who do work on our behalf and do not have an independent use for the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to appropriate privacy and confidentiality provisions.
Information from Children
The Application is not intended for any user under the age of 13.
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Change Healthcare has implemented programs to address privacy and security rules required by HIPAA and HITECH.Health Information transmitted through the Application may be controlled and maintained by your Institution.
Change Healthcare has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our Application users. We restrict access to personal information to Change Healthcare employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Change Healthcare retains information collected through the Application only for as long as it is necessary to transmit that data and information to your Institution’s back office systems. We store logging and audit data for a length of time long enough to comply with applicable laws, regulations and court orders.For ease of use, the Application may temporarily store some user provided information, such as user name and password until the Application is closed.
We will engage you in key decisions at appropriate times during your use of the Application. For questions about updating information you have provided through the Application, please contact your account representative.
Do Not Track Signals
The Application does not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites and do not want to be tracked, please adjust your web browser settings so third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Change Healthcare may provide links to various third party websites within the Application. However, even if a third party affiliation exists between Change Healthcare and the destination site, Change Healthcare exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. Change Healthcare assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent privacy practices of destination sites. Similarly, Change Healthcare cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such websites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk.
By using the Application, you are agreeing to our processing of information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. “Processing” means using cookies on a computer or mobile device or using or touching information in any way, including but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, and disclosing information.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us via email at chiefprivacyofficer@ChangeHealthcare.com (please include “Change Healthcare® Marketplace Privacy Notice” in the subject line), or via US Mail at: Change Healthcare, Privacy Office (Attn: Privacy Notice, Change Healthcare® Marketplace), 5995 Windward Parkway, 5th Floor, Alpharetta, GA 30005.